Cod & Carrott Mash
Cod with roasted carrot mash, broccoli & leeks
▪ 700g carrots
▪ 2 cloves garlic
▪ 1 teaspoon coconut oil
▪ 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
▪ 2 cod fillets (or any white fish you choose)
▪ 400g tenderstem broccoli
▪ 2-3 leeks (depending on their size)
▪ salt & pepper
▪ 1/2 lemon cut into wedges
▪ Preheat the oven to 200°C.
▪ Peel your carrots and chop into chunks, drizzle over a teaspoon of
melted coconut oil and season with a pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper and the cumin. Toss everything to fully coat the carrots, cover and pop in the oven.
▪ Ignore for 40-45 minutes. Finely mince or grate the garlic and leave to one side.
▪ When the carrots are done (a knife inserts smoothly) remove from the oven and leave to steam for a couple of minutes then spread the garlic paste over the warm pieces.
▪ Leave for 5 minutes then use a hand blender to process to a smooth puree. Re-cover to keep warm or transfer to a small pan to heat through just before serving.
▪ Meanwhile prep your broccoli and leeks. Remove the tough outer leaves, root ends and fibrous top from the leeks then slice in half lengthwise. Trim any tough ends from the broccoli.
▪ Take the cod fillets and season with freshly ground pepper.
▪ Heat a griddle pan or large frying pan on a medium to high heat, add the broccoli and leeks and grill/stir fry until tender. This will take 5-6 minutes.
▪ Depending on the thickness of your fish fillets they will take 2-5 minutes to cook in a hot pan so time accordingly with your veggies.
▪ Heat 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Once hot add the fish, being careful to place it into the pan away from yourself in case the oil spits slightly. Leave to cook until 3/4 of its thickness turns opaque then turn off the heat and flip carefully, leaving the remaining side to cook in the residual heat of the pan.
▪ Spoon the carrot mash into 2 servings bowls, add your lovely veggies and crown with your beautiful fish. A final squeeze of lemon seals the deal